Friday, February 15, 2013

About

This Blog

Until I'm convinced anyone is actually reading this I'm sticking to train-of-thought first-person writing. This blog is a place for me to write down notes about my game mastering (henceforth 'GMing') methods and the answers to questions I've been asked one time too many. If this becomes worthy of any greater effort then maybe things will get more formal, but for now it's just me and Blogger.

Some topics I hope to cover are world creation and at-the-table GMing. Articles will be short, focused, and contain first-hand examples when possible. The intended reader is a new GM or player interested in GMing, with access to the necessary rulebooks and the ability to Google things.

The Author

I started playing D&D around 2000 not long after 3rd edition came out. In 2002 I started developing my own campaign setting and GMing short 1-off games for a group of friends. Later that year once my setting had matured a little I began what remains the longest-running campaign I've ever run. From 2002 to 2005 I ran a group of 6 to 8 players through an ever-evolving campaign set in my world. When 3.5E came out we immediately picked it up as a marked improvement over 3E. To date I've never run a premade module though I've played a few. I vastly prefer the personal touches of homemade settings.

After a long hiatus in university where I GM'd very little I decided to get back into it. I'd played 4E a handful of times but it wasn't for me, so I switched from D&D to Pathfinder. Since the majority of my experience was in 3.5 I found the jump to Pathfinder much more tolerable. I'm on the third year now of GM'ing for my current group, and still using a refined version of the setting I created in 2002.

Copyrights

All original content is copyright of its author, shared freely under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license unless noted otherwise.Dungeons & Dragons (D&D), its related brands, and content are copyright of Wizards of the Coast.
Pathfinder, its related brands, and content are copyright of Paizo Publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment